Beyond Belief Network
Volunteer Team Resources
Whether you're a new volunteering team, or a well-established team who's just joined BBN, these guides will help you get started in volunteering and bring you up to speed on how to get the most out of your BBN membership.
- Starting a new volunteering team
- How and why to fill in BBN event reports
- Ideas for bare minimum events
- Ideas for cause area service events
Don't forget to use the Beyond Belief Network!
- Go to the BBN Facebook page to access tips to pose a question to the other teams.
- Check out the FBB Blog to see what other teams have been up to.
- Ask Foundation Beyond Belief staff for help.
Ideas for Volunteering Events
Stuck for ideas on where to volunteer? In a rut and looking for inspiration? Here are some of BBN's ideas for volunteering events.
- In-kind collections
- Plant-a-tree events
- Host a park cleanup
- Start a community garden
- Organize a blood drive
- Disaster preparedness at home
Ideas for Fundraising Events
Most service events require at least some money to pull off successfully. Fundraising events can be separate from your service events or sometimes can go hand in hand. Here are some ideas to raise money to increase your impact in your community.
- General fundraising guide
- Ideas for approaching businesses for assistance
- Hold a benefit bake sale
- Concert for a cause
Ideas for Virtual Service and Fundraising Events
Can't gather in person? There are many ways to have fun and have an impact in your community without leaving your home.
- Virtual Scavenger Hunt
- Tshirt Design Contest
- Virtual Gala Fundraiser
- Virtual Contest or Talent Show
- Virtual Webinar or Talk Fundraiser
- Virtual Game Night Fundraiser
- Virtual Pub Quiz Fundraiser
- Virtual "A-Thon" Fundraiser
- Virtual Concert Fundraiser
- Virtual Auction or Raffle
- Virtual Flying Spaghetti Monster Dinner and Fundraiser
Seasonal Events and Awareness Themes
Hosting events that match the seasons or fit with awareness-raising days, weeks or months is a great way to create variety, retain interest, and support causes your team cares about. Here's our collection of seasonal and awareness-related guides.
- September: National Preparedness Month
- September: National Guide Dog Month
- October: Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- October: Hug an Atheist Week
- October: Halloween
- November: Hunger Awareness Month
- November: Winter Service Ideas
- November: Homeless Youth Awareness Month
- December: Gift Wrap for Charity
- December: Holiday Care Packages
- December: Safe Toys and Gifts Month
Looking to improve your skills in a certain area? Take a look at our how-to guides.