Whether you're a new volunteering team, or a well-established team who's just joined BBN, these guides will help you get started in volunteering and bring you up to speed on how to get the most out of your BBN membership.
- Starting a new volunteering team
- Ideas for service activities
- Everything you need to know about BBN events
- How and why to fill in BBN event reports
Ideas for Volunteering Events
Stuck for ideas on where to volunteer? In a rut and looking for inspiration? Here are some of BBN's ideas for volunteering events. Remember that four Volunteers Beyond Belief events allow your team to level up for new perks.
- Start a community garden
- Host a park cleanup
- Organize a blood drive
- Help community members in need
- Work towards racial equality and social justice
- Reach out to the military
- Support healthier lifestyles in your community
Seasonal Events and Awareness Themes
Hosting events that match the seasons or fit with awareness-raising days, weeks or months is a great way to create variety, retain interest, and support causes your team cares about. Here's our collection of seasonal and awareness-related guides.
- September: National Preparedness Month
- September: National Guide Dog Month
- October: Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- October: Hug an Atheist Week
- October: Halloween
- November: Hunger Awareness Month
- November: Winter Service Ideas
- November: Homeless Youth Awareness Month
- December: Gift Wrap for Charity
- December: Holiday Care Packages
- December: Safe Toys and Gifts Month
Looking to improve your skills in a certain area? Take a look at our how-to guides.