Foundation Beyond Belief is proud to release this year’s Annual Report.
In the face of a challenging year, this review of our impact shows that we made incredible strides to improve food security in communities.
In 2021 alone:
- 4,422 households received 26,117 pounds of food distributed by the inaugural teams of our Food Security Project.
- 600,000 more people were fed with over 20 million pounds of rescued food, thanks to Food Rescue Alliance — recipient of our newly-expanded Compassionate Impact Grant.
- 493 service events ($727,684 worth of donated time) were organized by our Beyond Belief Network teams — meaning more direct response to disasters and myriad other projects in 27 states and 7 countries.
- $31,099 in lifesaving aid went to locally-led humanist disaster recovery initiatives in marginalized communities, including Haiti and Texas.
The release of this report coincides with the launch of this year’s Annual Appeal, where we are asking for your support to make bellies, hearts, and lives even fuller.
Our goal of $70,000, will fund:
- An expanded Compassionate Impact Grant, giving $150,000 to an innovative organization working on our Sustainable Development Goals. (We’ll keep awarding this grant each year).
- More resources to Beyond Belief Network teams, which meaningfully tackle local issues of poverty, climate, and disaster.
- Making bigger, longer-term impact by growing our Food Security Project, restructuring Humanist Disaster Recovery, and several new projects to be announced in 2022.
Great progress is on the horizon. We hope you will join us in making it happen.